Thomas Hale Boggs, Jr. has been named to The National Law Journal’s list of the top 100 lawyers in the United States every year since the list’s inception. Since joining the firm in 1966, Mr. Boggs has built the nation’s leading practice assisting clients in the ways that government and business intersect. He advises clients on a broad range of legislative and regulatory matters including tax, health care, trade and telecommunications. He is widely viewed as one of the most effective and creative lawyers in Washington because of his ability to analyze options, develop strategies, and present his clients’ positions in policy-making proceedings before the United States Congress, the White House, and federal agencies.
Mr. Boggs has spent his entire career in Washington. Before joining the firm, he served as an economist for the Joint Economic Committee and in the Executive Office of the President as a coordinator for the National Defense Executive Reserve. He has been a member of the board of directors of Eastern Air Lines Incorporated, Washington BanCorporation and Chemfix Technologies, Inc., and served on the Board of Regents of Georgetown University. Mr. Boggs is chairman of Patton Boggs’ Executive Committee.
- Designed and secured Congressional approval of $1.5 billion federal bailout of Chrysler Corporation, the largest bailout in U.S. history, in 1979.
- Currently represents more than fifty corporations, trade associations and state and foreign governments.
- National Board of Directors, Congressional Award Foundation
- Board of Directors, Suburban Mortgage Association Incorporated
- Board of Trustees, University of Maryland Foundation
- Board of Visitors, Duke University
- Board of Trustees, Chesapeake Bay Trust
- Board of Directors, 1-800-CONTACTS
- Board of Directors, The Keystone Center
- Member, American Judicature Society
- Member, American Maritime Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Associations
- Federal City Council